STEP 1: Submit a one-page Letter of Inquiry (think of this as your cover letter).
- Tell us a little about yourself and your school/community.
- Include an overview of your project.
- Specify the intended grant request amount (don’t worry – you can always tweak this for the final application).
- Tell us how will this impact your school/community for the better and why is this project and funding so important (including how this fits in to your school’s overall funding priorities).
STEP 2: Our committee will review all letters and invite semi-finalists to submit a full grant application.
- In other words, you will ONLY complete the full grant application if invited, after submitting your LOI. If your LOI has been approved, the full grant application is due on by Monday, April 10th 2023.
STEP 3: Our committee will present funding recommendations to the NYF Board of Directors for final approval in May.
- Grant funds will be distributed in late May/June 2023.
IF AWARDED A GRANT:
*During the school year the Foundation contact you to arrange site visits to see the funding at work.
*Communication, including update, photos, videos, etc are appreciated to help the foundation share our impact with donors and supporters.
ONE YEAR POST-GRANT:
Our staff will send a link to an online post-grant questionnaire.
- We will ask you to provide some metrics to help us measure project success.
After submitting the questionnaire, our team will schedule a follow-up conference call to discuss your feedback.