Gone are the days of the traditional sit-down gala. This year, we’re bringing you a high-energy party. We want our guests to have fun and get an amazing experience, while also contributing to a great cause.
What’s a Night Market?
Night markets are popular throughout Asia and offer a variety of bustling stores, food stalls, games and activities. Ours will be no different! We’re bringing the street party indoors and transforming the McNichols Building for a truly unique and unparalleled experience.
Pick up some Chinese coins from our lovely volunteers, 1 for $5 or 5 for $20, and start shopping! Night market booths will include:
Trinkets and treasures
Scarves, jewelry and other accessories
Ring toss game with fun prizes
Palm reader to tell your future
Calligraphy artist to write your name in Chinese
Portrait artist to draw a quick sketch
A traditional Wish Tree to hang your wishes on
All proceeds benefit the Nathan Yip Foundation, helping us expand our reach to even more rural communities!
Entertainment With a Flair
In addition to the traditional Chinese Lion Dance, brought to you by the students of Boulder’s Shaolin Hung Mei Kung Fu, we’re teaming up with Handsome Little Devils to bring you a unique cirque and vaudeville-style entertainment experience! HLD performers can be seen at Tour de Fat, the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, and at other special events all around town. In keeping with the street party theme, you’ll never know when a performer might pop up around the Night Market corner!
- Comedian and show host, Devil Dan
- Guinness World Record holder, John Higby the Yo-Yo Guy
- The Mentalist, spoon-bender and mind-reader extraordinaire
- Rooster red showgirls on stilts
- Special aerial dance performance by the Hold Tight duo
- Karaoke stage hosted by Fire Leopard
Don’t miss our selfie station on the 2nd floor belvedere! Try on some Chinese costumes, snap a pic, upload to social media and tag us at #NYF
Calling All Foodies
Denver’s top chefs are gathering to support the Nathan Yip Foundation and its mission of providing educational support to rural communities throughout China and Colorado.
We love sharing our culture with you, and what better way than to share a meal? In true night market fashion, guests will mix and mingle as they make their way to each of our special food booths. We can’t wait for you to visit with our chefs and sample all of their delicious offerings!
Ace Eat Serve │ Brandon Biederman & Jessie Kahn
Law Bok Gow Turnip Cake with Chinese Sausage
Barolo Grill │ Darrel Truett
Catering By Design
Udon Noodles with Chinese Five Spice Chicken Skewers
Fish N' Beer │ Aniedra Nichols
Spicy Shrimp Dumpling with Smoked Bean Sprout Salad in Lemongrass Broth
King’s Land Chinese Seafood │ Tom Xu
Traditional Smoked Salmon Chinese New Year Salad
Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice
Lucky Cat │ Troy Guard & Beth Windle
Lucky Cat Dumpling with Chili Dipping Sauce
Pinche Tacos/Tacos Tequila Whiskey │ Kevin Morrison
Kimchi Tortilla with Tuna Poke and Tapeko Aioli
Work and Class │ Dana Rodriguez
Plum Glazed Pork Belly Steam Bun with Kimchi
Sugarmill │ Troy Guard & Ryan Witcher
Stop by the bar and visit our Arta Tequila reps. We’ll be giving out free samples of the Arta Roosterita, the signature cocktail of the evening. Special this year, we’ll also be featuring hosted wine and beer from 6pm to 8pm, as a thanks to you for 15 years of support.
Amazing Live Auction Items
Did Someone Say Cabo?
World-renown auctioneer, Gary Corbett, will be back to entertain the crowd and lead us in a fun evening of giving. Open your hearts, and your wallets, for some incredible experiences! All auction items have been donated in full to the foundation, so 100% of proceeds will benefit our many projects in China and Colorado.
- Luxury Cabo Getaway. Sensational sunset views are waiting for you at this inviting luxury villa rental overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Cabo’s prestigious Pedregal neighborhood. Whether you decide to admire the unforgettable panorama from your lounge chair, the swimming pool or the inviting jacuzzi at Villa Perla de Law, you’ll find it difficult to tear yourself away from the glorious vistas. Enjoy sights of cruise ships and fishing boats passing in the distance throughout the day. You may even catch glimpse of migrating whales making their way along the coastline!
- This 5 bed, 5.5 bath home sleeps 12. See pictures and learn more
- $7700 value
- Cuban Cigars and Rum. Straight from Cuba - you cannot get this in the US! A sealed box of exclusive Ramon Allones Habanos Cuban cigars (25 in a box) and bottle of Havana Club Añejo 7 Años rum, handpicked and imported by NYF Board Chair, Mike Kalush.
- $1200 value
- Roger Waters Box Seats. Two front row box seat tickets to Pink Floyd's Roger Waters, in concert at the Pepsi Center June 3, 2017 at 8:00pm.
- $650 value
- Year of the Rooster Glass Art. A Paul Lockwood glass masterpiece for the Year of the Rooster.
- Value TBD
- One Week in Kauai. Pre-specified dates:
- December 10-17, 2017 only.
- Stay in a beautiful 2-bedroom unit at Kauai's Hanalei Bay Resort. Sleeps up to 6. The resort is located in a magical spot on Kauai’s North Shore where the island scenery is complemented by spacious accommodations and attentive service from the award-winning staff. Does not include airfare.
- $1500 value.
- Napa Valley for Two. Enjoy a two-night stay in a Bay Forest Lodge at the exclusive Calistoga Ranch, an Auberge Resort, located in Napa Valley - the heart of California's wine country. Valid Sunday-Thursday; holiday blackout dates apply; expires January 28, 2018. Includes roundtrip airfare for two from Denver.
- $3500 value
- Art Tequila and Denver Helicopter Tour for Two. A truly unique Denver experience! Take home all 4 bottles of Arta Tequila's collection.
- Then, you and a guest will get an exclusive private Arta tasting at the Centennial Airport, followed by a 1-hour tour over Denver in the Arta Tequila helicopter. Your helicopter pilot will be Tony Mayer, the owner of Arta Tequila himself!
- $1500 value
- Year of Dining. Invest in date night once a month for a year! Your S.O. will love you (even more) for this!
- Twelve $100 gift certificates to Denver's best restaurants - featuring certificates to all of the restaurants participating in our event, plus many more!
- Certificates include Ace, Barolo Grill, Fish N Beer, Pinche Tacos, Work and Class, Tag Restaurant Group, Il Forniao, and Ophelia’s Electic Soapbox, home to Nate’s Night (April 27, 2017).
- $1200 value
- Yip 8 for 8 Dinner. Invite seven friends and enjoy Ann Yip's famous cooking for a private dinner party hosted at the Yip's home. Savor home-cooked authentic Chinese food during an eight course meal accompanied by Jimmy's favorite wines.
- $3000 value