- Only requests from rural schools, school districts, and BOCES in Colorado will be considered.
- Grant amounts typically range from $1,000 to $30,000 USD*.
- Applicants must apply each year for new funding.
- Each project may receive grant funds for up to three consecutive years, at which point grantees must wait one year to re-apply for additional funds.
- Our funding priority is K-12 programs/projects.
- The Nathan Yip Foundation DOES NOT fund:
- Capital requests
- Student scholarships and tuition support
- Non-rural organizations/schools/entities (i.e. 3rd party private or non-profit service/program providers)
- Special events or fundraisers
- Legislative action
- Endowments or loan requests
* PLEASE NOTE:
We will also consider grant requests between $30,000 and $50,000 USD to be crowd-funded during the live auction portion of our annual gala event which takes place on March 6, 2021.
- Only one project will be selected for funding at this amount. Please follow all the same grant submission requirements to apply.
STEP 1: Submit a one-page Letter of Inquiry (think of this as your cover letter).
- Tell us a little about yourself and your school/community.
- Include an overview of your project.
- Specify the intended grant request amount (don’t worry – you can always tweak this for the final application).
- Tell us how will this impact your school/community for the better and why is this project and funding so important (including how this fits in to your school’s overall funding priorities).
STEP 2: Our committee will review all letters and invite semi-finalists to submit a full grant application.
- In other words, you will ONLY complete the full grant application if invited, after submitting your LOI.
STEP 3: Once grant applications have been submitted, our committee will review again and select finalists for site visits (if possible).
- We love to see you in action and walk a day in your shoes, so this site visit is key in helping us understand your community.
STEP 4: Our committee will present funding recommendations to the NYF Board of Directors for final approval.
- Grant funds will be distributed shortly after.
ONE YEAR POST-GRANT:
Our staff will send a link to an online post-grant questionnaire.
- We will ask you to provide some metrics to help us measure project success.
After submitting the questionnaire, our team will schedule a follow-up conference call to discuss your feedback.
February 1: Letter of Inquiry due (open to all)
March 31: Full grant application due (by invitation only)
May: Site visits
June: Final funding decisions made