Rural Education Grant Program
The Nathan Yip Foundation supports schools, teachers, and students in Colorado's rural communities through its Rural Education Grant Program.
Throughout the past fifteen years, we have focused our efforts where we can uniquely add value so we can generate the most positive impact. Rural communities have been at the heart of our foundation's work worldwide, and now we're making a difference here in Colorado. The Nathan Yip Foundation specializes in providing funding, materials, expertise, and access to strategic partnerships to help develop programs to improve the quality of education to schools and communities that can’t otherwise afford the time or resources. This focus enables us to take advantage of our strengths and vast network, and reflects the foundation’s ongoing commitment to providing equal and quality access to education all over the world.
Each grant request is carefully evaluated by a committee of various community leaders and volunteers to determine alignment with the foundation's mission and resources. After initial internal review, we will select a few finalists to host a small group of foundation representatives for a site visit and listening tour. Finalists will then go through one more round of internal review before notifications are sent out and funds are distributed.
We invite you to dream with us and submit your application for support! We love unique and innovative projects, as well as seemingly mundane, but highly needed requests that will have an immediate and direct impact on your classroom, school, or community. You know your community best, and we look forward to learning more about your vision.
Before applying, please note:
- Only requests from Colorado will be considered
- The application deadline is September 29, 2017 at 5:00pm MST
- Grants typically range from $5,000 to $25,000 USD
- Our funding priority is to K-12 schools, districts, teachers, and classrooms
- The Nathan Yip Foundation does not fund:
- Capital requests
- Salaries and compensation
- Scholarships and tuition support
- Support for individuals (i.e. individual conference registration)
- Non-rural organizations/schools/entities (i.e. 3rd party private or non-profit service/program providers)
- Special events or fundraisers
- Legislative action
- Endowments or loan requests
- Click the button below to download the Grant Application Form
- Follow the instructions in the Grant Application Form to complete your application
- Mail or email your completed application to:
Nathan Yip Foundation
4600 S Ulster St, Suite 1400
Denver, CO 80237
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or specifics of your application, contact Executive Director, Tarika Cefkin, at (303)817-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investing in Colorado's Rural Communities
How We Make a Difference
We partner to implement programs and support in some of Colorado's most underserved communities, and work directly with stakeholders so that we know our work is thoughtful, sustainable, and fits with the school's most pressing needs.
During our first year supporting Colorado's rural communities, we have developed relationships through our projects in the San Luis Valley, on the Eastern Plains, and in Colorado's Southwest. By working directly with schools and district administrators, we get grassroots buy-in and ensure that our programs are making the biggest impact in a way that is culturally relevant to the community.