The Nathan Yip Foundation seeking a Full Time Executive Director (sole employee). This position reports directly to the organization’s Founders and Board of Directors.
- Act as the primary steward of the organization’s brand, mission, vision, and values.
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors by advising and informing its members and supporting the fulfillment of its governance function.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors for monthly meetings, including creating/distributing the meeting agenda and taking/distributing meeting minutes.
- Oversee and provide leadership and support for all organization committees.
- Develop and present the annual operating budget for Board approval and manage resources within the budget guidelines in accordance to current laws and regulations.
- Properly steward and oversee the organization’s financial resources, making the necessary decisions to generate a sustainable operating profit to ensure the stability and viability of the organization.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resources, establishing strategies, managing logistics, stewarding donors, coordinating events, and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Oversee the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, evaluation and quality of all programs and grants.
- Provide day-to-day operations of the organization including – communications, marketing and public relations, social media, print and digital materials, maintaining proper financial records and controls, and creating strategic relationships with a variety of external entities (nonprofit community, education community, key stakeholders and other constituents).
- Manage all aspects of staff, contractors, and volunteers of the organization, ensuring the effective administration of policies, processes and operating procedures.
Experience and Skills:
- Non-profit leadership and program development experience.
- Strong networking and fundraising skills.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with the education community and a commitment to inclusivity and youth empowerment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with individuals and groups from culturally and socio-economically diverse backgrounds.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and solid organizational leadership.
- Effective self-editing and time management skills, with the motivation and ability to work well independently.
- Working knowledge of creating strategic and project plans, developing action items and managing multiple timelines.
- Strong problem-solving, information integration and analysis skills.
- Proven financial acumen, including a working knowledge of QuickBooks in order to interpret financial statements and reports and provide detailed notes to the Board Treasurer, bookkeeper and CPA.
- Ability to engage and effectively and professionally collaborate with the Founders and Board of Directors.
- Savvy administrative and technical skills – enough to comfortably and independently navigate and/or learn Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, web management (WordPress), social media platforms, donation and ticketing management software, relational databases and CRM systems, graphic design, photo/video editing, and more.
Schedule and Location
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position that allows for a flexible schedule in order to accommodate occasional evening/weekend meetings and events, as well as travel to school sites. The Nathan Yip Foundation has a dedicated office suite in a co-working space in Greenwood Village, CO, and offers the flexibility to work a hybrid in-office/remote schedule.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary range of $60,000 – $75,000 based on experience and qualifications.
The Nathan Yip Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, short-term disability and basic life insurance coverage. Benefits also include 80 hours of paid time off, 40 hours of sick/personal leave, 10 paid holidays, and an employee assistance program. Several voluntary, self-paid benefits are also available including long-term disability and critical illness insurance.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Nathan Yip Foundation Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 11, 2022.
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis through the submission deadline. Initial interviews will be conducted remotely. Final interviews will be conducted in person.